Thursday, July 9, 2009

Where can I find a product that will help someone with motor skill problems pin a sewing pattern to fabric?

I have arthritis and am starting to have a hard time pinning patterns to fabric. I vaguely remember my grandmother having a device that had one piece that fit over and one piece that fit under the fabric that had a groove in it. The pin went through the grove and voila, the pinning was done. This or anything that would help is needed, but I can't find anything

Where can I find a product that will help someone with motor skill problems pin a sewing pattern to fabric?
I think my first notion would be to connect with stores/companies that are specific to supplying the disabled with life alternatives, in the form of equipment, etc. I mention that having friends with MD and MS, and I suspect Arthritis affects Joints first, not strictly gross or fine motor skills, although that effect is a byproduct.





I'm not a "sewer" but I'd also be checking with major fabric stores, such as Jo Anns (sp)
Reply:Hello fellow dressmaker!


I just weight down the paper pieces with tins out of the kitchen cupboard, you know the small beans/pasta ones?


then I chalk around the pieces and cut/notch as I go, saves time for me as pinning is a chore rather than a difficulty.





Hope this helps :oD


No comments:

Post a Comment